I was pleased with the results, mostly because up to that time I had figured my mother was about 3/32 (or 10.4 %) native american. I decided to write a blog about the ancestry admixtures versus the presumed ancestry based on genealogy.
To start, let's look at each of her grandparents who contribute 25 percent of her DNA (roughly). With recombination, you don't always get strictly 25 percent. I am using British Isles for those of Scottish, Welsh, British and Irish descent (though I have no Irish that I know of).
Claude Cye Hager- British isles and no more than 1/16 rumored Cherokee (.06%)
His great grandfather, Steely Hager is a son or grandson of a German immigrant from North Carolina
His great grandmother Mary (Polly) Whitley (Jones?) was rumored to be both 1/2 and full Choctaw by a descendant on the Dawes. I know this isn't true, but I was willing to give her 1/2 Cherokee and British Isles.
His great grandfather Joseph Barnett is presumably of British Isles descent
His great grandmother Elizabeth (no maiden name known) is presumably of British descent
His great grandfather Daniel Collins is presumably of British Isles descent
His great grandmother Telitha Adams is also presumably of British Isles descent
His great grandfather Samuel Mangrum is also presumably of British Isles descent
His great grandmother Harriet (no maiden name known) is also presumably of British isles descent
Margaret Pauline "Bonnie" Adams British Isles and no more than 1/8 (12.5%) Cherokee and 7/32 (21.8%) to 13/32 (40.6%) Choctaw
Her grandmother (unable to trace further) Cornelia (rumored to be Gardner) was a Choctaw Mixed Blood, somewhere between 1/2 and 7/8 (or 50 to 87.5 %)
Her great grandfather James N. Trahern was British Isles and 1/4 (25 %) Choctaw
Her great grandmother Sarah Hall was British Isles and 1/2 (50 %) Choctaw
Her grandfather George W. Adams is presumably British Isles
Her great grandfather Henry Rogers was British Isles
Her great grandmother Mahala Mariah (rumored Rodgers) is rumored part Cherokee of no more than 1/2 (50%)
Leroy Hinds- British Isles
His grandfather Thomas William Hinds is British Isles
His grandmother Mary Crawford is British Isles
His grandfather Benjamin Paxton is British Isles (immigrant)
His grandmother Mary Douglas is British Isles
Elizabeth Ruth Timmins British Isles
Her parents were born in England, as were her grand and great grand parents (I have their names if interested)
Thus from her mother, my mother has 50 percent British Isles DNA by genealogy, and from her father no more than 3.14 % Cherokee, 5.14-10.15% Choctaw (for a total 8.28-13.29% Native DNA) and the remaining German and British Isles.
Using Gedmatch I get the following results
MDLP World-22 admixture program
Where Meso- American (anthropology suggests Choctaw were from South America), South America, Artic and North American indian area all represented to a total of 9.32 % Native American DNA, with the remaining DNA roughly 45 percent North East European, 30 percent Mediteranean and 12 percent Asian/Middle East. OH I forgot to add the 2.58 percent near east, which I think adds to the Native DNA for about 11.9 percent Native.
Using Eurogenes K-13 I get the following
Where Siberian, South Asian and American total 11.76 % and Northern European (Atlantic and Baltic) 64.99% and Mediteranian/West Asian 23.28 %
With Dodecad V3 I get these results, note they don't utilize Native American as a category so I will be using all but West Asian.
The Asian's total up to 11.45 % Native American equivalent, Mediteranean is roughly 29.23 % and European (both) is 58.99%
With Harappaworld I get
Since I don't understand some of these "groups" I am not analyzing it, but it does show American Indian at 7.11 %
Using Gedmatch's programs I get a solid 11 percent Native DNA, with 50-60 percent European, and roughly 25-30 percent Mediterranean DNA. (I know that's not a 100 %) I get an average of less than 1 percent African. I have no idea if some of the German is Mediterranean, or where that 30 percent of my DNA comes from, but I am happy to see that the Native DNA has rang true with my tree.