Wednesday, March 3, 2021

DNA, Research, and another Brickwall down: The Beck Family

 I avoided looking at the thrulines for Jesse Beck for years based on the assumptions I have seen. I looked at it again about 3 months ago (I thought I blogged about it, sorry), and I decided to hone in on something else. For 16 -17 years I have been looking for a marriage of Sarah to Jesse Beck. Now everyone who did the trees before the internet, has Sarah's last name as Woodstock, but I was like what is the source. No one could tell me.

I found a record for an Alabama law changing Sarah's four oldest children from Lewis to Beck, about 16 years ago. So I decided to google Woodstock and Lewis. Yep, turns out there is in Bulloch a Lewis and Woodstock clan. Research shows, that Sarah should be the daughter of James Lewis who married Nancy Woodstock. They have unaccounted female children that you can link to Sarah, but the male Woodstock siblings of Nancy don't, they are accounted for. This would mean, that Sarah's children were maybe illegitimate. And who knows, DNA is high enough with them, it could be they were Jesse's, but when I did this change, I did get thrulines confirmation to the siblings of Nancy Woodstock and James Lewis, and the siblings of their parents. So I am pretty sure, this is a winner. And don't forget the names of Sarah's children, she has a Nancy.

So I looked seriously, in this time at the thrulines hints for Jesse, and in this first case ever, I was like, I think this may be a clue. I believe Jesse is the son of Elijah Beck, and the grandson of Charles Beck. I am seeing fairly consistent matches on this line as well.

Amanda Palestine Beck, my ancestor had 14 children. So this is a HUGE deal, she has a lot of descendants. And the Beck's around Escambia and Baldwin still have descendants too. So if you have any questions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment