Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Long time no see

 It has been almost a year since I posted. In that time I have completed my bachelor's degree and am half way through my masters with WGU. Sorry to all those that have replied and made comments, I forgot about checking.

I have done spurts of genealogy. Work on my English family, trying to fix my Copeland's, searching page by page for deeds, and practically nothing on the Choctaw. I got an email about a book that is being sold, by someone I corresponded with when I started, but not for years. They asked if I had contributed. Seems that this "compilation" of their work (and don't get me wrong, he did do a lot of research) had several pages literally with information straight from my blog. He chose not to cite anything. Now, the hundreds of hours I have put in, none of this his contribution to my early start, really deserves credit. So if you want to spend $55 for The History of Oklafayala by Chris Morgan, just know he is lacking some ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment