Sunday, October 25, 2020

Bulloch County Roots

 It took years to find that Gardner Hardy was from Bulloch County, Georgia. It also took years to find that his wife, Harriet was a daughter of Ephraim Chambliss and Elizabeth Driggers. Using DNA from great granddaughters of Gardner's son's I looked at in common matches searching for further clues.

I know now that Rebecca Hardy, the mother of Gardner was the daughter of Frederick Williams a Revolutionary War veteran from North Carolina and his wife Arribeccah Goff. Frederick and Arribeccah were first cousins. They moved to the Bulloch county area of Georgia after the American Revolution. 

Testing my theory out, I added them to the tree. Here is the thru lines results (consistent with all of the folks now) who are matching via this tree. The blue symbol indicates thru lines. All thru lines include siblings of the couple. More to come as I look for a paper trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment